Bowling pin matches are the 1st Monday night of each month at CrossRoads from 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm. We will run all participants that sign up by 5:15 pm. Participants sign up by Range A or sign up Here prior to the match.
- $20 for the first gun, $15 for CrossRoads members
- $10 for each additional entry, $5 for CrossRoads members
- Distance: 7 Yards (21 feet)
- Pins: Five full-sized bowling pins (4 pounds pre-shooting)
- Table: 4’ X 8’ with pins set at 1 foot back from the leading edge
- Pin Set Up: The 5 pins will be set up at 16” intervals
- Matches are timed (start signal to shot clearing last pin or 30 seconds whichever happens first) and each string (5 pins in 30 seconds) will be scored by total time with 3-second penalties for uncleared pins.
- If the shooter runs out of rounds (or stops shooting) before 30 seconds and with uncleared pins, their score will be the time of their last shot + 3 seconds for each uncleared pin. If more than 30 seconds pass before the shooter’s last shots they will be asked to stop shooting and their score will be 30 seconds +3 seconds for each uncleared pin.
- Final score will be the average of the best two runs out of three. Each shooter will run three strings and the best two will be combined for their score in seconds. Low scores are better.
- Uncleared Pins: For ‘Heavy Metal’ center-fire (Unlimited and Stock semi-automatics chambered in higher than 9mm) a pin is not cleared until it is fully off the table. For rim-fire, stock semi-automatic, centerfire unlimited, and stock revolver a pin is cleared if it is knocked over.
- Magazines: Guns can be loaded up to 10 rounds and two additional magazines/and up to two-speed loaders may be used (no more than 20 rounds may be shot during the 30-second run).
Safety and Course of Fire:
- Range Safety Officer (RSO) commands are mandatory and failure to comply is grounds for immediate disqualification.
- Commands include “Shooter to the line,” “Shooter load and make ready,” “Standby,” (gun should be off target, pointed in a safe direction), “BEEP” (start your run), “BEEP” (stop shooting), “Shooter unload show clear hammer down and table,” “Range is Clear.” Reset pins for the next run.
- Rim Fire: Stock or Unlimited, any rim-fire (typically .22lr) pistol
- Revolver: Stock or Unlimited, any center-fire revolver
- Semi-Automatic Stock: Any center-fire semi-automatic handgun with open iron sights, no extensive modifications to the frame, no changes to the balance or weight, no compensated barrels, or trigger pulls under 3 pounds chambered in 9mm or smaller.
- Semi-Automatic Unlimited: Any center-fire semi-automatic that does not fit the definition of stock chambered in 9mm or smaller.
- Heavy Metal: Stock or Unlimited, any center-fire semi-automatic chambered in a round larger than 9mm.
NO PCC’S ALLOWED
- Prizes: Best time overall each month will win one free entry into any Crossroads competition (GSSF, USPSA, or Bowling).