Find us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/AwaDSM
AWA Shooting Chapters is a non-profit organization that organizes local groups of women around the country that meet monthly to practice, learn and grow as shooters by:
- Educating women on firearm safety, gun care, and handling
- Developing safe gun handling skills
- Building defensive gun skills and awareness
- Developing confidence
- Networking with women of like interests
- Meeting new people/socializing
- Women 21 years or older of all experience levels
- Women who are just getting started with buying, shooting, and caring for firearms, and want to learn in a comfortable environment
- Women who have some level of experience and want to advance their skills
- Women who want to share their knowledge and expertise to help other women
- Women who want to have some fun and enjoy learning and shooting in the company of other women
- The AWA Chapter Member Card
- 50% off rental guns at CrossRoads – Must show Member Card for discount.
- 1 free hour of shooting and 1 free target
- Discounted 5-time and 10-time punch passes to be used outside of the 1 free hour of shooting
Please see our Facebook Page for specific dates, times, and topics of upcoming meetings. https://www.facebook.com/AwaDSM
Chapter meetings are held on the 1st Thursday of every month. Guests/non-members are allowed to join us for one meeting only. Ladies must become a chapter member in order to continue coming to future meetings.
What does it cost?
Annual dues to join the Des Moines Chapter are $75 and payments are processed through the National Organization at https://armedwomen.org | Members may also enroll in more than one chapter at a reduced rate! See the website for further details.
Contact the Chapter Leaders:
Andrea Curtis, Amanda Robinson, Lisa Hill, and Emily Deugan.| [email protected]
For complete information on Armed Women of America Chapters, please visit: https://armedwomen.org